Saturday 16 October 2010

Blog title image

Here is a little info about the header image I've used for my blog, featuring Epic Imperial Guard forces moving into a mountain pass.

The mountains are made from a polystyrene former which was hot glued together, with a covering of papier mache. Trees are by a company called HEKI who make lots of model railway scenery. The scene was set up on my dining room table, with green felt as a base, onto which I placed the mountains and trees. The blue background is a towel which I hung in the background.

The vehicles are all GW Epic Imperial Guard armour - Leman Russ tanks, Chimera IFVs, a Griffon mortar carrier, and a few Sentinel walkers in the far distance. There are also some Rough Riders behind the tank column. In the foreground I have a standard 40K scale Leman Russ, with an old-style Imperial Guard commander and a guardsman.

The photograph was taken at night, enabling me to control the lighting far better. The camera was a FUJI S602, set to F11 for maximum depth of field and positioned on a tripod to prevent camera shake due to the very slow shutter speed I was using. I used a low 100ISO/ASA setting to ensure minimum noise on the image.

This was taken many years ago, probably around 2000 - 2001, but I hope to start taking more photographs over the coming months, especially as my small-scale armies have increased in size since then!

No comments:

Post a Comment